Please check back as this is updated routinely.
The Burnham Police Department is accepting applications for Illinois certified part-time police officers. Applications are available at the police department. Completed applications are due no later than 5:00 pm on Friday February 10th, 2017. Part-time police officers perform the same duties as a full-time police officer and may be assigned to all shifts including weekends and holidays. The part-time police officer rate of pay is currently at $16.00/per hr. Applicants must submit with their application a copy of their high school diploma or G.E.D., a copy of their birth certificate, and a copy of their driver’s license and a copy of their current Illinois police officer certification. There is no residency requirement. Part-time police officers may be terminated by the Chief of Police at any time without notice and without hearing.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age and under 65 years of age.
- Applicants must be United States Citizens.
- Applicants must be physically able to perform the duties of the position.
- Applicants must not have been convicted of a felony or any crime involving moral turpitude.
- Applicants must not be addicted to intoxicating beverages or found to have used illegal drugs.
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Applicants must not have been dismissed from any public service for good cause.
- Applicants must not be conscientious objectors.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or a G.E.D.
- Applicants must be able to speak, write and understand the English language.
- Applicants must not have a significant community reputation for dishonesty, immorality, or unreliability.
- Applicants must not have attempted to practice any deception or fraud in the application.
Applicants will be subject to successfully passing the following:
- Oral interview
- Polygraph examination.
- Psychological examination.
- Medical examination.
- Drug Test.
- Extensive background investigation.
This notice was posted on Monday January 23rd, 2017 at 9:00am.